Saturday 25 July 2009

Attention to Detail

In Formula 1 the little details are important. The slightest change to an aerodynamically sensitive part of the car could be the difference between winning and losing a race.

What I didn't realise was that this attention to detail can become so important to a team that it crosses over into other parts of their business -- like the merchandise.

Whilst not particularly a fan of Ferrari (their approach to F1 politics usually annoys me) I do think the cars look fantastic and I couldn't help myself, when we were at Silverstone, and bought a Ferrari polo shirt. I was moving it around in the wardrobe a few days ago when I noticed the stitching holding the top button on. Now that could be considered taking the attention to detail just a little too far!

Post a Comment