Saturday 16 May 2009

The Last Supper

How could I not know that Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper was in Milan? I knew it was painted on a refectory wall and that it isn't a true fresco (it wasn't painted onto wet plaster) but if I'd been asked where it was I would probably have said Rome.

At this point you might well be asking yourself why my ignorance is at all important or relevant. Well I'll tell you why -- I'm going to be in Milan next week attending a project meeting. I only found out where the Last Supper was when flicking through the guidebook I bought on Thursday evening. I would have liked to have gone and seen such a well known work of art but unfortunately you have to book tickets weeks if not months in advance (the next date you can get a ticket for is the 7th of July).

Due to a change in the agenda for the meeting I have actually ended up with almost a full day in Milan without any work to do so will try and see some of the other main sites including the Duomo. If you have been to Milan before and have suggestions for things I should definitely make the time to see then leave me a comment.
16 May 2009 at 16:04 , Scriptor Senex said...

Not been to Milan but would have suggested Tne Last Supper - can't you get them to postpone your project meeting?

Post a Comment