Wednesday 23 January 2008

Cancelled TV

I'm clearly not in the demographic that American TV studio executives want to pitch their shows at. I'm beginning to lose count of the number of fantastic American TV shows that I've watched only to find that the show was cancelled either part way through a season or at the end of the first season. I really don't understand how decisions to cancel TV shows are made (clearly no one asks the people who watch the shows!) especially considering the utter drivel that keeps being made, series after series (think Big Brother, or X-Factor etc). OK, Ill stop ranting!

So if you want to watch some fantastic TV forget the drivel being broadcast and have a look at American TV at it's best:


Believe me, you won't be able to work out why any of these shows were cancelled before they had run their course.
27 January 2008 at 10:53 , GB alias L'homme bizarre avec la barbe grise said...

I'm not a particularly avid TV or film watcher but there are two American programmes I admire and enjoy: West Wing and Boston Legal. The former is full of one-liners and, despite a change in Direction for a time, is utterly brilliant. Boston Legal has less depth but does highlight some serious issues and is just good fun - which suits me well. Studio 60 was from the same stable as West Wing with some of the same actors. I thought it lacked the vital spark and ceased watching it. I didn't realise it had been axed but I'm not surprised. I've never even heard of the other programmes mentioned in the posting so I have a new quest.

27 January 2008 at 10:57 , Mark said...

Maybe I should also do a post on good American TV that hasn't been cancelled early. Such a post would definately include the West Wing -- one of my all time favourite TV programmes.

Boston Legal I've never heard of so I guess I have a new quest as well!

Post a Comment