Monday 12 November 2007

Review: Loch Lomond for Children in Need

In general I'm not a fan of Children in Need. Don't get me wrong I'm all for raising money for worthy causes, I just think that the build up to the main day, and the evening's TV is always overblown and not very interesting. In recent years they have always had an official single, and for some reason they always choose groups that I have no interest in listening to. This year is no exception, with the official single being the new Spice Girls track -- as if I care!

However, for once, I'm actually interested in something Children in Need related. The Tartan Army (the main fan club of the Scottish national side) decided to help raise money, simply by making use of something they do at every match anyway -- sing Loch Lomond.

As I've mentioned before, I'm a big fan of Runrig. Whilst they sing and record all their own songs they are also widely known for their rousing rendition of Loch Lomond. So for Children in Need they have released a new version using backing tracks recorded at half time back on October 13th when Scotland beat Ukraine at Hampden Park.

My Rating: 5 Stars It's a fantastic new version of the track, and well worth buying, but the fact that for once it's an interesting way of helping raise money for Children in Need should help. So if you want to hear it and raise money for a worthy cause at the same time, then it is available from iTunes, Amazon and HMV plus some good old fashioned brick-and-mortar stores!

Post a Comment